With the Olympics coming up, I can't help but thing about all those moms (and dads) who spent countless hours at the rink, gym, driving back and forth and reorganizing family routines around their little athletes' schedule.
Many of them also spent many nights tracing, cutting, sewing… For 30 years, Jalie has helped thousands of mothers make practice and competition clothing for their children… Millions of little outfits made with our patterns worldwide since 1983… Crazy, isn't it? It's great to be part of that :)
Every week, I recognize Jalie gymnastics leotards in the crowd and it fills my heart with joy when I hear a child say very proudly "my mom/grandmother made it". We have heard many stories about "special dresses" or "lucky leotards" from customers. I truly believe that it really makes all the difference in the world when the child knows a loved one took the time to make something unique, just for him/her.
Henri wanted a new leotard for his "big-boy" class. This time he wanted pants (not shorts), like the older gymnasts wear, a black and white leotard with a big gold maple leaf appliqué in the front and red appliqués on each side of it, just like the Canadian flag. "It will be like a Canadian gold medal" he said. The look on his face when he saw his idea turned into a real garment was priceless and he was ready to conquer the world. It is crazy how less than a meter of lycra can boost self-esteem!
Are you a gym/skate mom too? Would you like to win supplies for your next project?
Submit a photo of a garment you made for a little athlete using a Jalie pattern and share your story with us. We will share submissions on our Facebook page and the owner of the photo/story with the most "Likes" will win:
- Two Jalie patterns
- 50$ in fabric from Ann's Fabric Shop (in store or online)
- 50$ in trims and appliqués from Glory's House
- Submit your photo and story by clicking here, indicating which Jalie pattern you used. Deadline for submitting a photo is February 21 at midnight (EST)
- On February 24, we will create a photo album on our Facebook page where fans will vote for their favourite photo/story. You DO NOT need a Facebook account to submit a photo. Deadline for voting on Facebook is March 2nd at midnight (EST)
- We will announce the winner on March 3rd, on Facebook and on our blog.
It can be an old or new photo. You can submit a photo you sent us in the past or submitted for the hall of fame / pattern page. Only photos submitted through this form will be eligible. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Please note that you can submit photos of more than one garment for the same athlete as long as each has its own story.