Tuesday, November 24, 2009

For Our Loyal Figure Skaters...

As you probably all noticed, every single Jalie collection includes at least one skating dress design. Many people begged us to design a dress with a longer skirt for dance programs... Well... Their wish has been granted :)  Our new pattern will work with pretty much any music style, for dance as well as freestyle programs.

From a classic waltz (long sleeve, mock neck, double-layer skirt) to a fiery tango or paso doble (sleeveless, crew neck, single-layer skirt)...
 
to a Wizard of Oz program (short puff sleeve, mock neck, shorter circular skirt, suspenders)!



With mock neck, sleeve and skirt options, the possibilities are endless! You can also play with contrast fabric at upper bodice and waist (for a cocktail dress with contrast sash look). The pattern also includes the skate boot cover shown on the Dorothy picture.

12 comments:

KID, MD said...

I'm not a skater, but those are beautiful costumes. Makes me wish I was!!

Ann's Fashion Studio said...

Very nice.

Kathi said...

When do we get another sneak peak? Or, better yet, the new patterns????

Emilie@Jalie said...

We are working crazy hours to send the patterns off to press tomorrow... I don't have much time to type new posts... sorry...

I will take the time to post one last sneak peak as soon as we ship the patterns to the printer, I promise :)

If everything goes as planned, the patterns will be available before a few days before Christmas.

Kathi said...

I am obsessed - I check your blog and site constantly to see if you have finally released them yet! I just love all of the Jalie items I have made so far!

Nishant said...

We are working crazy hours to send the patterns

Work from home India

mamabird said...

I have to make my niece the Dorothy outfit and I have no clue about finding the gingham in a spandex/lycra material. Any suggestions?

rwlangford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rwlangford said...

What do you do when the cutting line says S-AA? I understand that cutting on the S-AA line would be okay for the skirt side, but it also says S-AA on the top line of the bodice back? I would think taller people have longer backs. I extended the back the same amount for each additional line as the previous lines. Is it going to be too long?

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately it is not downloadable :(
It's a pity!
I live in Italy and always buy downloadable patterns

Emilie@Jalie said...

I will bump it up on our to-do list :) We to plan on making all patterns available as download eventually.

rwlangford said...

I have made this pattern in numerous different styles mixing the skirt with other patterns and the top bodice with sleeveless patterns. I'd like a pamphlet showing easy solutions to combining your various Figure Skating patterns. I have a great idea for a new pattern. See this dress. I have constructed the pattern in my size adult small (2-4) or R, but I'd love to have it in all sizes. Kiira Korpi in a black with grey cut-out dress at golden spin competition. http://v.ku6.com/show/Uo60mBaxTc9xGnIcvouKrg...html